Saturday, March 31, 2007

Intruder in the House

Crazy Dog Lady. Husky Lover. Mutts R Us. I'm always associated as a dog rescuer. Well, normally, that's what will be found in my house. But few people know that when I started in rescue seven years ago, I was really a, gasp, cat rescuer. Yep, I always had a cat or litter of kittens (or two) at home, and only one dog once I got out of college. So imagine the shock to my pack when the cries they heard from the carrier coming through the door this afternoon was not the typical howl of a Husky puppy, but the cries of an annoyed Siamese kitten. Sia Yes, the cries of a ticked off kitty. This is a sound I have not heard in many years. Sia, as I am calling her, is a little confused by her new surrounding, though I would call it a considerable upgrade from her cage at animal control. I think she is going for some sort of kitty meowing record, as her mouth hasn't shut since she got home. Guess I know how my dad must have felt when I was a child.

1 comment:

Off Colfax said...

Well, she is a Siamese, Lisa. Any Siamese worth their points will be a talker, yowling out advice to all and sundry until their ears start to bleed.

Just keep feeding her. Cats can't meow if their mouths are full.

Signed, the Pet-In-Charge-Of-Feeding for three cats.