Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Oprah's Big Give Message Board: Beware of Censorship

This afternoon, I logged on to the Oprah's Big Give message board to see what other viewers were saying. I've been reading lots of negative reviews through various blogs on the Internet, and thought I'd check it out. While the majority were posts by outraged viewers believing that the show was sending the wrong message about giving, I saw a couple postings asking for advice on getting help, primarily fundraising. So I made a post about the challenge we had issued to local businesses for help and the response we had gotten so far. Within 30 minutes, it had been deleted. Wow. My post was probably one of only 3 throughout that message board that was not negative towards the show but actually showing how the show was inspiring us and others to take action. Color me surprised. Never thought there would be censorship over positivity and trying to encourage others. Maybe it's true that controversy sells. Well, good luck to them; I know I won't be back.

No comments: