Thursday, November 1, 2007

Would you marry your pet?

I read this question on the SavannahNow message boards today. It is an interesting concept, but not now...

MarryYourPet.com came online back in 2003. With the divorce rates what they are (and Pet Rescue Barbie being among them), it might not seem like a bad idea. Let me examine my dog, DaVinci and what he gives me:


  • Displays of affection without my asking.
  • Always happy to see me.
  • If I yell at him, he goes to the other room because he knows he is wrong, then will come apologize as soon as I get up to walk anywhere.
  • Will wipe my tears anytime I cry.
  • Brings me flowers (ok, so really it is all dead grass now, but it's the thought that counts).
  • Does not scold me when I bring home another dog, and in fact, goes out of his way even more for my affection.
  • Always treats my friends and guests with great friendliness and rarely makes a scene in public.
  • Has the same taste in shoes that I do.


Well, even though there are lots of positives for just having a dog, I can't seem to give up hope of actually marrying a human male one day. Maybe Vinnie can give them a few pointers.

No comments: