Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Spirit of Giving During the Holidays

For many of us, this past week has been full of chaos with preparing to spend time with family and shopping for gifts. For Coastal Pet Rescue, it has been full of trying to schedule adoption interviews, find room for new intakes, and figure out how to get more funding. After an afternoon of errands and evaluating pets at animal control, I made one last stop at WalMart to get some storage containers for our office. I was tired and worn out, and as I walked to my car, I noted a beautiful black SUV next to mine. I had gone through a coin wash back on Wednesday, but it didn't do much good. Our car is in bad shape and needs lots of work, not to mention the payoff. I had loaded everything in and was preparing to leave when there was a tap at my window. The gentleman asked me if I managed the rescue, and I replied yes. He then handed me a $20 and said "This is for you, keep up the good work." I was stunned. I was almost moved to tears as I told him thank you. He smiled and went back to loading his purchases into the vehicle I had been admiring previously, and I found myself smiling all the way home.

What a great start to the holidays.

No comments: