Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Waiting on the World to Change

My friend Ashley told me about John Mayer's song, Waiting on the World to Change, during our trip this weekend. Having left the world of radio back in November, I really haven't kept current on new music; I opt to listen to my MP3 mixes in the car, mostly of 80s rock and pop, Jimmy Buffett, and Blue Collar Comedy. But I decided to check out his music and I must say, not a bad tune at all. But it did strike a different chord of sorts with me.

The song mentions waiting on the world to change. Where would we be if all we did was wait? I like to think Coastal Pet Rescue is progressive, working to make changes happen. We give what little free time we have after work, school, families to change the lives for many needy and deserving animals in our community. Now, what I would like to change about the world is how disposable pets seem to be. But we all know that is a gradual process; we can't expect things to happen over night. I am hopeful we'll have new ideas and better results in our local community this year. It seems more people are taking notice of how slack things have been allowed to be handled for far too long. They've waited around long enough for change, and instead, have decided to make changes themselves. I'm always one to admire those that are willing to try rather than those who stand back and watch someone to fail.

No comments: