Saturday, February 23, 2008

Making Home Sweet Home

After nearly 7 months, I'm finally getting down to my last few boxes to unpack. I finally put my photos up on the wall. I guess I have decided this place is home now.

So I've moved on to the bigger projects, mainly trying to fix the landscaping the dogs have been doing since we moved in. I built two more kennel runs a couple weeks ago, which allowed us to take in 18 pets in the last 10 days, most of which have now been moved to foster homes. What a great feeling it is to be able to go into animal control and take more than one at a time even if foster space isn't immediately available.

So, back to the bigger projects thing... I've been lucky enough to find some great deals on Craigslist for outdoor furniture as well as chainlink fencing. I decided to segregate the 1/2 acre that is already fenced in to give me 1/3 and the dogs the rest. This hasn't been an easy feat to accomplish due to uncooperative weather and hectic schedules, but the good Lord graced me with an angel at the Home and Garden Show last month. Gary of Daniel Kitchen and Bath offered to donate his time to help out with the bigger projects here at the "ranch." He came on his vacation day and set our posts, and plans to come this week and help me string the chainlink. After which I can reclaim a portion of the backyard for me. I've really missed entertaining my friends, and I had such a great time hosting my volunteers for New Year's Eve this year, so I look forward to making my backyard retreat something my friends will want to visit often. Afterall, they already have to drive such a long way to see me, it better be worth the trip!

No comments: